Delhi gets 9 more police stations
New Delhi: The national capital today got
nine more police stations which will ease pressure on the
With this, the total number of police stations have
risen to 184. While 165 of these are territorial police
stations, others are specialised ones including that of
Special Cell, Crime Branch, Railway Police and Tourist Police.
The new police stations are GTB Nagar, Madhuban,
Ghazipur, Dwarka (South), Madipur, Mundka, Sagarpur, Haridas
Nagar and Town Hall.
"All of them have started functioning from today,"
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
The existing Mansarovar Park police station will be
renamed as GTB Enclave police station while a Shahdara police
station will be bifurcated to carve out MS Park police
Madhuban police station is formed by dividing Preet
Vihar police station while Ghazipur police station will be
carved out of Madhu Vihar police station.
The Dwarka (South) police station will be carved out
by bifurcating both Dwarka and Dwarka (North) police
The Najafgarh police station has been bifurcated to
form Haridas Nagar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins