Delhi gets 9 more police stations
New Delhi: The national capital today got
nine more police stations which will ease pressure on the
With this, the total number of police stations have
risen to 184. While 165 of these are territorial police
stations, others are specialised ones including that of
Special Cell, Crime Branch, Railway Police and Tourist Police.
The new police stations are GTB Nagar, Madhuban,
Ghazipur, Dwarka (South), Madipur, Mundka, Sagarpur, Haridas
Nagar and Town Hall.
"All of them have started functioning from today,"
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
The existing Mansarovar Park police station will be
renamed as GTB Enclave police station while a Shahdara police
station will be bifurcated to carve out MS Park police
Madhuban police station is formed by dividing Preet
Vihar police station while Ghazipur police station will be
carved out of Madhu Vihar police station.
The Dwarka (South) police station will be carved out
by bifurcating both Dwarka and Dwarka (North) police
The Najafgarh police station has been bifurcated to
form Haridas Nagar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details