Delhi gets 9 more police stations
New Delhi: The national capital today got
nine more police stations which will ease pressure on the
With this, the total number of police stations have
risen to 184. While 165 of these are territorial police
stations, others are specialised ones including that of
Special Cell, Crime Branch, Railway Police and Tourist Police.
The new police stations are GTB Nagar, Madhuban,
Ghazipur, Dwarka (South), Madipur, Mundka, Sagarpur, Haridas
Nagar and Town Hall.
"All of them have started functioning from today,"
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
The existing Mansarovar Park police station will be
renamed as GTB Enclave police station while a Shahdara police
station will be bifurcated to carve out MS Park police
Madhuban police station is formed by dividing Preet
Vihar police station while Ghazipur police station will be
carved out of Madhu Vihar police station.
The Dwarka (South) police station will be carved out
by bifurcating both Dwarka and Dwarka (North) police
The Najafgarh police station has been bifurcated to
form Haridas Nagar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang