Delhi gets light rains, cloudy Saturday expected
New Delhi: The national capital received light showers Friday evening bringing some relief from the searing heat. As per the Met office, more rain is expected Friday night though Saturday would be dry and cloudy.
"The city is likely to get more showers tonight but tomorrow (Saturday) will be dry and cloudy," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum and minimum temperatures Saturday are expected to hover around 43 and 26 degrees Celsius.
According to the IMD, the city received "traces" of rainfall till 5.30 p.m. which are "not measurable".
Friday earlier was hot and the skies remained partly cloudy.
The maximum temperature settled four notches above average at 43.6 degrees while the minimum was a notch below the season`s average at 25.8 degrees.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was recorded a notch above the average at 40.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature settled two notches below the average at 24.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi