Delhi gets Monsoon rains for 2nd day today
New Delhi: The city experienced monsoon
showers for the second consecutive day Wednesday leading to minor traffic jams in some areas.
The city received a total of 1.1 mm of rains over the
last 24 hours ending at 8.30 am, the MeT office said.
Monsoon showers returned to the city yesterday after a brief hiatus bringing relief to citizens who were reeling under high humidity and hot weather conditions.
The Met office said the city will continue to receive
intermittent rains throughout the day as well as in the next
couple of days.
The rains affected the flow of traffic in several
areas including ITO, Janakpuri, Laxmi Nagar, R K Puram and
The minimum temperature was recorded at 27.8 degree
Celsius which is one degree above normal while the maximum
temperature in the last 24 hours was recorded at 37.7 degree
The Met office predicted a drop in maximum temperature
by over three degrees tomorrow as well as on Friday due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state