Delhi gets Monsoon rains for 2nd day today
New Delhi: The city experienced monsoon
showers for the second consecutive day Wednesday leading to minor traffic jams in some areas.
The city received a total of 1.1 mm of rains over the
last 24 hours ending at 8.30 am, the MeT office said.
Monsoon showers returned to the city yesterday after a brief hiatus bringing relief to citizens who were reeling under high humidity and hot weather conditions.
The Met office said the city will continue to receive
intermittent rains throughout the day as well as in the next
couple of days.
The rains affected the flow of traffic in several
areas including ITO, Janakpuri, Laxmi Nagar, R K Puram and
The minimum temperature was recorded at 27.8 degree
Celsius which is one degree above normal while the maximum
temperature in the last 24 hours was recorded at 37.7 degree
The Met office predicted a drop in maximum temperature
by over three degrees tomorrow as well as on Friday due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!