Delhi gets new industrial policy, focus on service sector
New Delhi: Delhi Wednesday got its new industrial policy after a gap of 28 years with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit stressing that the government was committed to implementing the document, which stresses on the service sector and environment-friendly growth.
Unveiling the document for 2010-21, Dikshit said the state government`s aim was to make Delhi a hub of pollution-free, high-technology and knowledge-based industrial activities.
The government was trying to bring out a document for the past five-six years, she said, noting that the 1982 policy was not able to handle the changing economic scenario, where services and technological advancement have become the cornerstones of development.
Dikshit said the new industrial policy aimed to make Delhi a "model state" for environment-friendly industrial growth and for job-oriented and non-polluting industries.
The policy focuses on promoting high-technology and skilled industries in Delhi in a bid to keep in-migration of unskilled labour to a minimum, develop world-class infrastructure, promote transparency and create a business-friendly environment.
The new industrial policy also envisages plans for setting up SEZs, industrial parks and redevelopment of industrial areas on a public-private-partnership basis.
The focus of the 1982 industrial policy was to encourage the manufacturing sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes