Delhi gets three new trains
New Delhi: Delhites have something to cheer about from this year`s Rail Budget with announcement of three new trains to various locations and reduction in travel time between the city and eastern metropolis of Kolkata.
In the Rail Budget presented by Minister Dinesh Trivedi, Delhi got two new trains that would depart from Sarai Rohilla station and one that passes through the capital.
While Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Udhampur AC Express (Tri-Weekly) and Bandra, Delhi Sarai Rohilla Express (Weekly) will depart from the Sarai Rohilla station, Ajmer-Haridwar Express will pass through the capital.
During his speech, the Railway Minister announced that pre-feasibility studies on six high speed corridors have already been completed and study on Delhi-Jaipur-Ajmer-Jodhpur will be taken up in 2012-13.
A combination of prudent investment decisions in the areas of track & bridges, signaling, doubling and train-sets is proposed to be adopted to enable train running at speed of 160 kmph and above, he said.
If this comes into effect, the travel time between New Delhi and Kolkata would get reduced from almost 17 hours to 14 hours.
The proposal would significantly reduce travel time for passenger trains by 20-25 per cent. Such infrastructure would also enable Indian Railways to run Shatabdi trains on long distance trunk routes and between metros, he said in his speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling