Delhi girl beaten up for resisting molestation
New Delhi: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly beaten up by her 24-year-old neighbour here when she resisted his attempt to molest her, police said Tuesday.
The incident was reported from the city`s Nand Nagri area 8.30 pm on Monday.
The girl`s attacker identified as Vinod, 24, allegedly barged into her house and started misbehaving with her.
"When the girl resisted Vinod, she was beaten up. A case regarding the incident has been registered and hunt is now on to nab the accused," a police official said.
The girl`s father, however, claimed that police had initially refused to register a case against the attacker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31