Delhi girl missing from Ramdev`s Patanjali hostel
Dehradun: An 18-year-old girl from Delhi went missing under mysterious circumstances from the hostel of yoga guru Ramdev`s Patanjali University, police said on Saturday.
The girl, doing her graduation from the university in yoga science, had gone missing from the hostel on Thursday, Bahadarabad SHO R K Saklani told by telephone.
But the matter was brought to the notice of the police yesterday when separate complaints were lodged by the hostel authorities and parents of the girl, he said.
Preliminary investigations based on interrogation of the girl`s friends revealed it could be a case of elopement as a man used to visit her often at the hostel, the SHO said.
The girl had confided to her classmates that she would marry him, he said. The man named Baljit had even met her at the hostel on the day she went missing, Saklani said adding there was a strong possibility that she went with him.
Efforts were on to trace both of them, he said. Both the hostel authorities and the girl`s parents had registered separate cases, the SHO said.
The girl`s parents, residents of Geetanjali Park in New Delhi, who came to Haridwar soon after being informed of the incident, returned to the national capital after lodging a complaint in this regard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why