Delhi girl missing from Ramdev`s Patanjali hostel
Dehradun: An 18-year-old girl from Delhi went missing under mysterious circumstances from the hostel of yoga guru Ramdev`s Patanjali University, police said on Saturday.
The girl, doing her graduation from the university in yoga science, had gone missing from the hostel on Thursday, Bahadarabad SHO R K Saklani told by telephone.
But the matter was brought to the notice of the police yesterday when separate complaints were lodged by the hostel authorities and parents of the girl, he said.
Preliminary investigations based on interrogation of the girl`s friends revealed it could be a case of elopement as a man used to visit her often at the hostel, the SHO said.
The girl had confided to her classmates that she would marry him, he said. The man named Baljit had even met her at the hostel on the day she went missing, Saklani said adding there was a strong possibility that she went with him.
Efforts were on to trace both of them, he said. Both the hostel authorities and the girl`s parents had registered separate cases, the SHO said.
The girl`s parents, residents of Geetanjali Park in New Delhi, who came to Haridwar soon after being informed of the incident, returned to the national capital after lodging a complaint in this regard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi