Delhi girl sustains bullet injury mysteriously
New Delhi: A probe is on into how an eight-year-old girl received a bullet injury in her leg, police said Friday, adding her father was not able to give a credible account.
The incident was reported from a city hospital Wednesday around 9.30 p.m. where the girl, identified as Disha, was admitted by her father.
Her condition is now out of danger, said a police officer, adding that police are still trying to find out how the shooting occurred.
Her father Neeraj told police that Disha suddenly received the bullet in her left thigh when she was sitting inside his car with her mother near a school in Jyoti Nagar area.
Neeraj stated that he did not see anyone near the car, police said.
"Neeraj was going to attend a marriage ceremony Wednesday night and stopped his car near a school for asking directions to the exact address. In the mean time, his daughter cried out and he found her bleeding. Doctors told him that she had received a bullet injury in her thigh," said the officer citing his statement.
However, police said they are not believing it as it was not possible to shoot the girl from a long distance without hitting the car because she was in the rear seat.
They said it seemed that the girl had received the bullet in any celebratory firing at the marriage ceremony and her father was trying to concoct the story to avoid police investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand