Delhi girl sustains bullet injury mysteriously
New Delhi: A probe is on into how an eight-year-old girl received a bullet injury in her leg, police said Friday, adding her father was not able to give a credible account.
The incident was reported from a city hospital Wednesday around 9.30 p.m. where the girl, identified as Disha, was admitted by her father.
Her condition is now out of danger, said a police officer, adding that police are still trying to find out how the shooting occurred.
Her father Neeraj told police that Disha suddenly received the bullet in her left thigh when she was sitting inside his car with her mother near a school in Jyoti Nagar area.
Neeraj stated that he did not see anyone near the car, police said.
"Neeraj was going to attend a marriage ceremony Wednesday night and stopped his car near a school for asking directions to the exact address. In the mean time, his daughter cried out and he found her bleeding. Doctors told him that she had received a bullet injury in her thigh," said the officer citing his statement.
However, police said they are not believing it as it was not possible to shoot the girl from a long distance without hitting the car because she was in the rear seat.
They said it seemed that the girl had received the bullet in any celebratory firing at the marriage ceremony and her father was trying to concoct the story to avoid police investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'