Delhi girl sustains bullet injury mysteriously
New Delhi: A probe is on into how an eight-year-old girl received a bullet injury in her leg, police said Friday, adding her father was not able to give a credible account.
The incident was reported from a city hospital Wednesday around 9.30 p.m. where the girl, identified as Disha, was admitted by her father.
Her condition is now out of danger, said a police officer, adding that police are still trying to find out how the shooting occurred.
Her father Neeraj told police that Disha suddenly received the bullet in her left thigh when she was sitting inside his car with her mother near a school in Jyoti Nagar area.
Neeraj stated that he did not see anyone near the car, police said.
"Neeraj was going to attend a marriage ceremony Wednesday night and stopped his car near a school for asking directions to the exact address. In the mean time, his daughter cried out and he found her bleeding. Doctors told him that she had received a bullet injury in her thigh," said the officer citing his statement.
However, police said they are not believing it as it was not possible to shoot the girl from a long distance without hitting the car because she was in the rear seat.
They said it seemed that the girl had received the bullet in any celebratory firing at the marriage ceremony and her father was trying to concoct the story to avoid police investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened