Delhi government accommodations to be allotted online
New Delhi: The Public Works Department (PWD) Sunday said it will allot all Delhi government pool accommodations through an online automated system of allotment (ASA).
In a statement, it said: "The allotment of Delhi government pool residential accommodations will be done through an automated system of allotment based on choices for specific houses by the applicants."
"The step has been taken to provide transparency, speedy allotment, higher occupancy of houses and to enable the applicants to get houses of their choice," said Arun Baroka, principal secretary, PWD, in the statement.
"In order to enable more applicants, both new applicants as well as those already registered will get their Login ID and Password activated to access the new on-line automated system of allotment for houses," he added.
"In order to familiarise the applicant with the online system and any other related query, a two-day training session has been organised in the auditorium of Delhi Secretariat," the statement added.
The allotment for houses (Type-IV) will take place July 14-28 followed by the allotment for the other categories August onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed