Delhi govt: 27% OBC quota for higher education
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday
increased the reservation in higher education for OBCs to 27
per cent from the present 21 per cent.
With this increase, the total reservation in higher
education institutions for SCs, STs and OBCs will go up to
49.5 per cent.
The SCs have 15 per cent reservation while the STs have
7.5 per cent.
The decision to increase the OBC quota was taken at a
meeting of the state Cabinet chaired by Delhi Chief Minister
The reservation will come into effect after a
notification by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch