Delhi govt: 27% OBC quota for higher education
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday
increased the reservation in higher education for OBCs to 27
per cent from the present 21 per cent.
With this increase, the total reservation in higher
education institutions for SCs, STs and OBCs will go up to
49.5 per cent.
The SCs have 15 per cent reservation while the STs have
7.5 per cent.
The decision to increase the OBC quota was taken at a
meeting of the state Cabinet chaired by Delhi Chief Minister
The reservation will come into effect after a
notification by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed