Delhi govt: 27% OBC quota for higher education
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday
increased the reservation in higher education for OBCs to 27
per cent from the present 21 per cent.
With this increase, the total reservation in higher
education institutions for SCs, STs and OBCs will go up to
49.5 per cent.
The SCs have 15 per cent reservation while the STs have
7.5 per cent.
The decision to increase the OBC quota was taken at a
meeting of the state Cabinet chaired by Delhi Chief Minister
The reservation will come into effect after a
notification by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!