Delhi govt: 27% OBC quota for higher education
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday
increased the reservation in higher education for OBCs to 27
per cent from the present 21 per cent.
With this increase, the total reservation in higher
education institutions for SCs, STs and OBCs will go up to
49.5 per cent.
The SCs have 15 per cent reservation while the STs have
7.5 per cent.
The decision to increase the OBC quota was taken at a
meeting of the state Cabinet chaired by Delhi Chief Minister
The reservation will come into effect after a
notification by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?