Delhi govt: 27% OBC quota for higher education
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday
increased the reservation in higher education for OBCs to 27
per cent from the present 21 per cent.
With this increase, the total reservation in higher
education institutions for SCs, STs and OBCs will go up to
49.5 per cent.
The SCs have 15 per cent reservation while the STs have
7.5 per cent.
The decision to increase the OBC quota was taken at a
meeting of the state Cabinet chaired by Delhi Chief Minister
The reservation will come into effect after a
notification by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report