Delhi govt adopting anti-trader policies: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday accused the Delhi government of adopting anti-trader policies and promised to simplify VAT rules if voted to power.
"The Congress government has ruined the business environment for traders in Delhi. Carrying out trade has become almost impossible in the city. The present VAT regime is so complicated that traders are left at the mercy of tax officials leading to harassment of the traders," Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel told the All Delhi Traders Association Conference.
He said government has issued several circulars, the compliance of which was almost impossible.
"These VAT rules would be simplified when BJP comes to power in Delhi so that the traders do not fear in filing their taxes," he said, adding the new online mode of payment has not gone down well with the traders because of the complex procedure.
Even small traders have to bear extra burden by hiring an accountant for filing VAT details, he added.
Goel said getting refund deposits from the VAT department was an uphill task as the formalities are very complicated and as a result, part of traders` capital remain deposited with the department for long durations.
He also assured the traders that the issues of infrastructure and power supply will be addressed by the BJP on priority basis when it comes to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?