Delhi govt allots 127 plots to entrepreneurs
New Delhi: The Delhi Government on Friday allotted 127 plots to various entrepreneurs at industrial estates developed by it in West and East Delhi.
The plots were allotted to the applicants under the government`s relocation scheme for industries operating in residential and non-conforming areas.
The beneficiaries were selected by government`s premier infrastructure development agency DSIIDC (Delhi State Industrial And Infrastructure Development Corporation) through a computerised draw of lots held today.
The plots are located in East Delhi`s Jhilmil Industrial Complex and West Delhi`s Bawana and Bhorgarh areas.
Apart from building infrastructure, the DSIIDC looks after all the 29 industrial estates in the city.
A DSIIDC spokesperson said with today`s allotment, number of plots allotted by the agency so far under the relocation scheme has gone up to 22,472. The relocation scheme was launched in 1996.
The size of plots ranged from 250 sq metre to 28 sq metre.
He said the draw was held in the presence of about 100 applicants, representatives of industrial associations, and a number of senior Delhi Government officials.
The relocation scheme was launched by the Government of Delhi in 1996 to enable the industrial units operating in residential areas to shift to approved industrial areas.
The spokesperson said DSIIDC will endeavour to distribute remaining plots at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145