Delhi govt allots 127 plots to entrepreneurs
New Delhi: The Delhi Government on Friday allotted 127 plots to various entrepreneurs at industrial estates developed by it in West and East Delhi.
The plots were allotted to the applicants under the government`s relocation scheme for industries operating in residential and non-conforming areas.
The beneficiaries were selected by government`s premier infrastructure development agency DSIIDC (Delhi State Industrial And Infrastructure Development Corporation) through a computerised draw of lots held today.
The plots are located in East Delhi`s Jhilmil Industrial Complex and West Delhi`s Bawana and Bhorgarh areas.
Apart from building infrastructure, the DSIIDC looks after all the 29 industrial estates in the city.
A DSIIDC spokesperson said with today`s allotment, number of plots allotted by the agency so far under the relocation scheme has gone up to 22,472. The relocation scheme was launched in 1996.
The size of plots ranged from 250 sq metre to 28 sq metre.
He said the draw was held in the presence of about 100 applicants, representatives of industrial associations, and a number of senior Delhi Government officials.
The relocation scheme was launched by the Government of Delhi in 1996 to enable the industrial units operating in residential areas to shift to approved industrial areas.
The spokesperson said DSIIDC will endeavour to distribute remaining plots at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?