Delhi govt asked to give artificial limbs to blast
New Delhi: The city government was asked
on Wednesday by the Delhi High Court to provide artificial limbs to
the victims injured in the bomb blast at its reception counter
on September 7 last year.
A bench of Acting Chief Justice A K Sikri and Justice
Rajiv Sahai Endlaw asked the government to provide prosthetic
limbs through All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
to the victims within a month.
The court also directed it to foot the bills in case the
victims get treated from any hospital other than the AIIMS.
The bench passed the order on a public interest lawsuit
filed by an advocate seeking a direction to the government to
provide prosthetic limbs to the blast victims, including one
Vipin Kumar Gautam.
Petitioner Gaurav Bansal argued Gautam became permanently
incapacitated as his left leg had to be amputated following
injuries sustained in the blast which killed 17 people and
injured over 90 others.
When Gautam had approached the AIIMS for artificial limb,
the institution asked him to foot the bills, leaving him
running from pillar to post for the artificial limb, argued
He pointed out that the court had on September 21 last
year directed the govt to pay Rs 10 lakh to the permanently
disabled victims and had also directed to provide free
treatments to the victims under its `Freeship Medical
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset