Delhi govt asks 3 civic bodies for speedy pension
New Delhi: Delhi government today directed the three municipal corporations to ensure speedy disbursal of old age and widow pension to beneficiaries.
The instruction has been issued by Health Minister A K Walia said "there are a large number of instances where beneficiaries have not received any pension due for the last six months".
The Minister asked the corporations to ensure electronic transfer of pension to bank accounts of beneficiaries.
He also instructed the municipal bodies to stop the practice of booking of community halls and parks for social functions on the basis of letters from the ward councilor. He said an online booking system should be put in place for such bookings.
"The municipal bodies have been told to introduce a transparent procedure for booking and allotment of community halls and parks," said a senior official.
Walia also asked the corporations to strictly implement the provisions of Delhi Prevention of Defacement of Properties Act, 2007 to ensure a proper look for the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29