Delhi govt asks private security agencies to furnish info online
New Delhi: The Delhi government has made it mandatory for private security agencies to furnish online certain informations like deployment of security personnel at various establishments.
The move was taken to enable the Home Department to maintain data with regard to activities of the security agencies, number of personnel employed at various setups and the number of security men with licensed firearms.
The government has asked all private security agencies, having valid license issued by the Home Department under the Delhi Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Rules, 2009 to furnish certain online information by July 21.
The private security agencies can upload the information on the government portal -- http://home.Delhi.Gov.In.
The government said appropriate actions like suspension or cancellation of licenses will be taken against the agencies if they failed to submit the data within the stipulated time.
Delhi has 504 licensed security agencies, Additional Secretary (Home) G P Singh said. Several agencies have closed down their business but the government does not have information on them.
"Some of the security agencies have unauthorisedly transferred their licenses to other individuals to operate the security agency. Also, many of the licenses are due to expire in 2015. It is, therefore, essential that the verification process is initiated so as to complete the process well in time," said Singh.
Further, it is proposed to seek information from the agencies as to whether all the guards deployed by them across Delhi have been trained as per the syllabus prescribed in the PSARA Rules, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH