Delhi govt calls for proper arrangements during Ramzan
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday asked Delhi Jal Board, BSES and Delhi Police to make proper arrangements during the fasting month of Ramzan.
Health and Family Welfare Minister A K Walia held a meeting with officials of East Delhi Municipal Corporation, Delhi Jal Board, power discom BSES and Delhi Police on making arrangements for Muslims during Ramzan, which is likely to start from Wednesday.
He directed EDMC officials to ensure proper sanitation in areas, especially around mosques, and remove garbage immediately. He also directed Delhi Jal Board to ensure uninterrupted supply of water.
"One water tanker round-the-clock be stationed near masjids in the area. The water must be replenished from time to time," he said.
He also asked Delhi Police to ensure law and order and said that security must be beefed up during Ramzan.
Meanwhile, Delhi Power Minister Haroon Yusuf directed all street lights to be illuminated throughout the night and said government would not tolerate power-cuts during Ramzan.
He said all arrangements have been made to provide necessary and basic facilities such as drinking water, uninterrupted power supply, ensuring cleanliness and street lights.
Discoms have deputed additional staff and mobile transformer to tackle any adverse situation, he said, adding the DJB would be providing extra water supply during shahari between 3 AM and 4 AM to all Muslim-dominated areas like old Delhi, Jafrabad and Seelampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’