Delhi govt calls for proper arrangements during Ramzan
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday asked Delhi Jal Board, BSES and Delhi Police to make proper arrangements during the fasting month of Ramzan.
Health and Family Welfare Minister A K Walia held a meeting with officials of East Delhi Municipal Corporation, Delhi Jal Board, power discom BSES and Delhi Police on making arrangements for Muslims during Ramzan, which is likely to start from Wednesday.
He directed EDMC officials to ensure proper sanitation in areas, especially around mosques, and remove garbage immediately. He also directed Delhi Jal Board to ensure uninterrupted supply of water.
"One water tanker round-the-clock be stationed near masjids in the area. The water must be replenished from time to time," he said.
He also asked Delhi Police to ensure law and order and said that security must be beefed up during Ramzan.
Meanwhile, Delhi Power Minister Haroon Yusuf directed all street lights to be illuminated throughout the night and said government would not tolerate power-cuts during Ramzan.
He said all arrangements have been made to provide necessary and basic facilities such as drinking water, uninterrupted power supply, ensuring cleanliness and street lights.
Discoms have deputed additional staff and mobile transformer to tackle any adverse situation, he said, adding the DJB would be providing extra water supply during shahari between 3 AM and 4 AM to all Muslim-dominated areas like old Delhi, Jafrabad and Seelampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP