Delhi govt calls for proper arrangements during Ramzan
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday asked Delhi Jal Board, BSES and Delhi Police to make proper arrangements during the fasting month of Ramzan.
Health and Family Welfare Minister A K Walia held a meeting with officials of East Delhi Municipal Corporation, Delhi Jal Board, power discom BSES and Delhi Police on making arrangements for Muslims during Ramzan, which is likely to start from Wednesday.
He directed EDMC officials to ensure proper sanitation in areas, especially around mosques, and remove garbage immediately. He also directed Delhi Jal Board to ensure uninterrupted supply of water.
"One water tanker round-the-clock be stationed near masjids in the area. The water must be replenished from time to time," he said.
He also asked Delhi Police to ensure law and order and said that security must be beefed up during Ramzan.
Meanwhile, Delhi Power Minister Haroon Yusuf directed all street lights to be illuminated throughout the night and said government would not tolerate power-cuts during Ramzan.
He said all arrangements have been made to provide necessary and basic facilities such as drinking water, uninterrupted power supply, ensuring cleanliness and street lights.
Discoms have deputed additional staff and mobile transformer to tackle any adverse situation, he said, adding the DJB would be providing extra water supply during shahari between 3 AM and 4 AM to all Muslim-dominated areas like old Delhi, Jafrabad and Seelampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli