Delhi Govt cancels registration of 33 private hospitals
New Delhi: Delhi Government has cancelled registration of 33 private hospitals and nursing homes in the city due to various reasons including failure to meet infrastructural requirement.
Top officials in Health Department said registration of a number of hospitals and nursing homes have been cancelled as they failed to appoint adequate manpower and improve infrastructure despite repeated reminders.
The registration of the hospitals has been cancelled under Section 7 of the Delhi Nursing Home Registration Act, 1953, an order signed by N V Kamat, Director of Health Services said.
The officials said government will file cases against the hospitals if they continue to operate after their registration was cancelled.
"No hospital can operate in the city without government registration. We will file cases in courts against the any hospital if found to continue their services even after cancellation of registration," they said.
The officials said registration of some private hospitals have been cancelled as their owners did not want to continue running them.
The hospitals whose registration has been cancelled include Global hospital, Najafgarh, Narela Nursing Home, Narela, Mangalam Medical Centre, Dilshad Garden, Shivam Medical Centre, Nangloi, Arjun hospital, Subhash Nagar, Sai hospital, Dwarka, Adams hospital, Jamia Nagar, Indian hospital, Shalimar Bagh and Geetanjali hospital, CTC colony.
Sethi Nursing Home in Ajay Enclave, Sanjivani hospital in Jasola, Abidin Medical Centre in Jamia Nagar, Sach Nursing Home in East Patel Nagar, Ortho Care hospital in Najafgarh, Bimla hospital in Nangloi, Sunaina Maternity and Nursing Home in Mayur Vihar Phase I and SM Medical Centre in Kalindi Kunj are among those which faced the action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India