Delhi Govt cancels registration of 33 private hospitals
New Delhi: Delhi Government has cancelled registration of 33 private hospitals and nursing homes in the city due to various reasons including failure to meet infrastructural requirement.
Top officials in Health Department said registration of a number of hospitals and nursing homes have been cancelled as they failed to appoint adequate manpower and improve infrastructure despite repeated reminders.
The registration of the hospitals has been cancelled under Section 7 of the Delhi Nursing Home Registration Act, 1953, an order signed by N V Kamat, Director of Health Services said.
The officials said government will file cases against the hospitals if they continue to operate after their registration was cancelled.
"No hospital can operate in the city without government registration. We will file cases in courts against the any hospital if found to continue their services even after cancellation of registration," they said.
The officials said registration of some private hospitals have been cancelled as their owners did not want to continue running them.
The hospitals whose registration has been cancelled include Global hospital, Najafgarh, Narela Nursing Home, Narela, Mangalam Medical Centre, Dilshad Garden, Shivam Medical Centre, Nangloi, Arjun hospital, Subhash Nagar, Sai hospital, Dwarka, Adams hospital, Jamia Nagar, Indian hospital, Shalimar Bagh and Geetanjali hospital, CTC colony.
Sethi Nursing Home in Ajay Enclave, Sanjivani hospital in Jasola, Abidin Medical Centre in Jamia Nagar, Sach Nursing Home in East Patel Nagar, Ortho Care hospital in Najafgarh, Bimla hospital in Nangloi, Sunaina Maternity and Nursing Home in Mayur Vihar Phase I and SM Medical Centre in Kalindi Kunj are among those which faced the action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone