Delhi Govt cancels registration of 33 private hospitals
New Delhi: Delhi Government has cancelled registration of 33 private hospitals and nursing homes in the city due to various reasons including failure to meet infrastructural requirement.
Top officials in Health Department said registration of a number of hospitals and nursing homes have been cancelled as they failed to appoint adequate manpower and improve infrastructure despite repeated reminders.
The registration of the hospitals has been cancelled under Section 7 of the Delhi Nursing Home Registration Act, 1953, an order signed by N V Kamat, Director of Health Services said.
The officials said government will file cases against the hospitals if they continue to operate after their registration was cancelled.
"No hospital can operate in the city without government registration. We will file cases in courts against the any hospital if found to continue their services even after cancellation of registration," they said.
The officials said registration of some private hospitals have been cancelled as their owners did not want to continue running them.
The hospitals whose registration has been cancelled include Global hospital, Najafgarh, Narela Nursing Home, Narela, Mangalam Medical Centre, Dilshad Garden, Shivam Medical Centre, Nangloi, Arjun hospital, Subhash Nagar, Sai hospital, Dwarka, Adams hospital, Jamia Nagar, Indian hospital, Shalimar Bagh and Geetanjali hospital, CTC colony.
Sethi Nursing Home in Ajay Enclave, Sanjivani hospital in Jasola, Abidin Medical Centre in Jamia Nagar, Sach Nursing Home in East Patel Nagar, Ortho Care hospital in Najafgarh, Bimla hospital in Nangloi, Sunaina Maternity and Nursing Home in Mayur Vihar Phase I and SM Medical Centre in Kalindi Kunj are among those which faced the action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days