Delhi Govt cancels registration of 33 private hospitals
New Delhi: Delhi Government has cancelled registration of 33 private hospitals and nursing homes in the city due to various reasons including failure to meet infrastructural requirement.
Top officials in Health Department said registration of a number of hospitals and nursing homes have been cancelled as they failed to appoint adequate manpower and improve infrastructure despite repeated reminders.
The registration of the hospitals has been cancelled under Section 7 of the Delhi Nursing Home Registration Act, 1953, an order signed by N V Kamat, Director of Health Services said.
The officials said government will file cases against the hospitals if they continue to operate after their registration was cancelled.
"No hospital can operate in the city without government registration. We will file cases in courts against the any hospital if found to continue their services even after cancellation of registration," they said.
The officials said registration of some private hospitals have been cancelled as their owners did not want to continue running them.
The hospitals whose registration has been cancelled include Global hospital, Najafgarh, Narela Nursing Home, Narela, Mangalam Medical Centre, Dilshad Garden, Shivam Medical Centre, Nangloi, Arjun hospital, Subhash Nagar, Sai hospital, Dwarka, Adams hospital, Jamia Nagar, Indian hospital, Shalimar Bagh and Geetanjali hospital, CTC colony.
Sethi Nursing Home in Ajay Enclave, Sanjivani hospital in Jasola, Abidin Medical Centre in Jamia Nagar, Sach Nursing Home in East Patel Nagar, Ortho Care hospital in Najafgarh, Bimla hospital in Nangloi, Sunaina Maternity and Nursing Home in Mayur Vihar Phase I and SM Medical Centre in Kalindi Kunj are among those which faced the action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof