Delhi govt clears two big-ticket road projects
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Monday cleared two big-ticket road infrastructure projects worth Rs 3,015 crore aimed at easing the traffic flow in the city, the first since the since the Commonwealth Games were held 18 months ago.
A meeting of the Delhi Cabinet cleared the two mega projects -- to make 20 kms of the Outer Ring road between Wajirabad and Vikaspuri signal-free and extending the Barapullah elevated road to INA market.
The cost of the project to make the outer ring road signal free, which will involve construction of a number of flyovers, has been estimated at Rs 2,485 crore while extension of Barapullah elevated road from Jawaharlal Nehru stadium to INA market will cost the government Rs 530 crore.
These are first such projects cleared by the Delhi Government after hosting of the Commonwealth Games as no major infrastructure projects have been undertaken in the last one-and-half years.
"Commissioning of the new projects will result in huge savings of fuel and improve the traffic system to a great extent," Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who presided over the Cabinet meeting, said.
As part of the Outer Ring road project, a total of three elevated roads will be constructed which will have a total length of 8.5 km. The first elevated road between Vikaspuri to Meera Bagh will have a length of 3.3 km and its estimated cost will be Rs 560 crore.
The elevated road between Mangolpuri and Madhuban Chowk, which will have a length of 2.6 km, will cost Rs 423 crore while the cost of third elevated road from Madhuban Chowk to Mukarba Chowk, with a length of 2.6 km, has been estimated at Rs 422 crore.
A six-lane 8km long parallel road would also be constructed between Mukarba Chowk and Wazirabad cost of which has been estimated at Rs 833 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof