Delhi govt clears two big-ticket road projects
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Monday cleared two big-ticket road infrastructure projects worth Rs 3,015 crore aimed at easing the traffic flow in the city, the first since the since the Commonwealth Games were held 18 months ago.
A meeting of the Delhi Cabinet cleared the two mega projects -- to make 20 kms of the Outer Ring road between Wajirabad and Vikaspuri signal-free and extending the Barapullah elevated road to INA market.
The cost of the project to make the outer ring road signal free, which will involve construction of a number of flyovers, has been estimated at Rs 2,485 crore while extension of Barapullah elevated road from Jawaharlal Nehru stadium to INA market will cost the government Rs 530 crore.
These are first such projects cleared by the Delhi Government after hosting of the Commonwealth Games as no major infrastructure projects have been undertaken in the last one-and-half years.
"Commissioning of the new projects will result in huge savings of fuel and improve the traffic system to a great extent," Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who presided over the Cabinet meeting, said.
As part of the Outer Ring road project, a total of three elevated roads will be constructed which will have a total length of 8.5 km. The first elevated road between Vikaspuri to Meera Bagh will have a length of 3.3 km and its estimated cost will be Rs 560 crore.
The elevated road between Mangolpuri and Madhuban Chowk, which will have a length of 2.6 km, will cost Rs 423 crore while the cost of third elevated road from Madhuban Chowk to Mukarba Chowk, with a length of 2.6 km, has been estimated at Rs 422 crore.
A six-lane 8km long parallel road would also be constructed between Mukarba Chowk and Wazirabad cost of which has been estimated at Rs 833 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand