Delhi Govt collects Rs 8394cr revenue in 8 months of `09
New Delhi: Delhi Government collected a
total tax revenue of Rs 8394.2 crore in first eight months of
financial year 2009-10, which is an increase of 3.4 per cent
comparing to the corresponding period of the last fiscal.
The collection of excise tax increased by 13.2 per cent
while collection of betting tax grew by 14.1 per cent
comparing to last year, officials said.
Last year, the Government collected a total of Rs 12,180
crore while the target for 2009-10 was fixed at Rs 13,174
The total VAT collection in the last eight months was
Rs 6,331 crore while the total revenue collected from stamp
duty was Rs 635 crore.
The Government had collected Rs 6,032 crore from VAT and
Rs 659 crore from stamp duty last year.
The total collection from excise duty in the last eight
months has been Rs 992 crore while it was Rs 877 crore last
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today reviewed the progress
of tax collection for the current fiscal at a high-level
meeting also attended by the Finance Minister A K Walia,
besides top officials of the Finance, Revenue and Excise
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list