Delhi govt creating hurdles for MCDs: BJP
New Delhi: Objecting to sending MCD officials on deputation to other departments, Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Vijay Kumar Malhotra on Sunday accused Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of creating hurdles in the functioning of the three municipal bodies.
"The corporations have been struggling due to the shortage of their workforce....Some officials have been given responsibility of nine departments and a few officials of the centralised cadre are looking after the functioning of the three municipalities," the BJP leader said in a statement.
"For last 11 months, pension has not been disbursed to widows, disabled and senior citizens. No payment has been made to contractors.... If they stop work, the Delhi Government will be responsible for the mess," he said.
Malhotra claimed that during the process of trifurcation of the MCD, the chief minister had said that the responsibility of providig finances to the three corporations will be with the government and it will ensure that there will have no financial liabilities but the government had backtracked on it.
"Instead of grant in aid, the government is giving Rs 18000 crore as loan at the rate of 1 per cent interest. The intention and policies of the government pertaining to the corporation seem to have been changed...," the leader said alleging the Congress for trying to malign the image of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog