Delhi govt creating hurdles for MCDs: BJP
New Delhi: Objecting to sending MCD officials on deputation to other departments, Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Vijay Kumar Malhotra on Sunday accused Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of creating hurdles in the functioning of the three municipal bodies.
"The corporations have been struggling due to the shortage of their workforce....Some officials have been given responsibility of nine departments and a few officials of the centralised cadre are looking after the functioning of the three municipalities," the BJP leader said in a statement.
"For last 11 months, pension has not been disbursed to widows, disabled and senior citizens. No payment has been made to contractors.... If they stop work, the Delhi Government will be responsible for the mess," he said.
Malhotra claimed that during the process of trifurcation of the MCD, the chief minister had said that the responsibility of providig finances to the three corporations will be with the government and it will ensure that there will have no financial liabilities but the government had backtracked on it.
"Instead of grant in aid, the government is giving Rs 18000 crore as loan at the rate of 1 per cent interest. The intention and policies of the government pertaining to the corporation seem to have been changed...," the leader said alleging the Congress for trying to malign the image of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh