Delhi govt effects marginal hike in minimum wages
New Delhi: Delhi government on Tuesday effected marginal hike in minimum wages for various categories of skilled and unskilled workers in the city.
The new rates will be applicable from April 1 to all 29 scheduled employment categories notified by the government. The hikes are in the range of five to six per cent.
Labour and Industries Minister Ramakant Goswami said monthly minimum wages of unskilled labourers have been increased from Rs 6,656 to Rs 7,020 while the monthly wage has been raised from Rs 7,358 to Rs 7,748 for semi-skilled labourers.
In respect of skilled labourers, the minimum salary has been increased to Rs 8,528 from existing Rs 8,112.
The wages in respect of clerical and non-technical supervisory staff have also been increased. The non-matriculates will now get a minimum monthly wage of Rs 7,748 instead of Rs 7,358.
While the wages in respect of matriculates but not graduates has been increased from Rs 8,112 to Rs 8,528, the same for educated workers - graduates and above - has been increased from Rs 8,814 to Rs 9,282.
Goswami said the last revision of the wages was made by the government in October, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy