Delhi govt employee arrested on rape charges
New Delhi: A middle-aged Delhi government employee was arrested here on charges of raping an Indian woman who is settled in Australia, police said on Thursday.
The arrested have been identified as Narendra Sharma (40), who is employed with transport department of Delhi government.
The victim alleged the accused had sexual relationship with her but refused to marry her.
The woman, who is now married and staying with her husband in Australia, claimed Sharma is her husband`s friend.
The victim, who filed the complaint on March 9, also alleged that she was beaten up by Sharma who also threatened her with dire consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees