Delhi govt employee arrested on rape charges
New Delhi: A middle-aged Delhi government employee was arrested here on charges of raping an Indian woman who is settled in Australia, police said on Thursday.
The arrested have been identified as Narendra Sharma (40), who is employed with transport department of Delhi government.
The victim alleged the accused had sexual relationship with her but refused to marry her.
The woman, who is now married and staying with her husband in Australia, claimed Sharma is her husband`s friend.
The victim, who filed the complaint on March 9, also alleged that she was beaten up by Sharma who also threatened her with dire consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!