Delhi govt employee arrested on rape charges
New Delhi: A middle-aged Delhi government employee was arrested here on charges of raping an Indian woman who is settled in Australia, police said on Thursday.
The arrested have been identified as Narendra Sharma (40), who is employed with transport department of Delhi government.
The victim alleged the accused had sexual relationship with her but refused to marry her.
The woman, who is now married and staying with her husband in Australia, claimed Sharma is her husband`s friend.
The victim, who filed the complaint on March 9, also alleged that she was beaten up by Sharma who also threatened her with dire consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested