Delhi govt employee arrested on rape charges
New Delhi: A middle-aged Delhi government employee was arrested here on charges of raping an Indian woman who is settled in Australia, police said on Thursday.
The arrested have been identified as Narendra Sharma (40), who is employed with transport department of Delhi government.
The victim alleged the accused had sexual relationship with her but refused to marry her.
The woman, who is now married and staying with her husband in Australia, claimed Sharma is her husband`s friend.
The victim, who filed the complaint on March 9, also alleged that she was beaten up by Sharma who also threatened her with dire consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking