Delhi govt employee arrested on rape charges
New Delhi: A middle-aged Delhi government employee was arrested here on charges of raping an Indian woman who is settled in Australia, police said on Thursday.
The arrested have been identified as Narendra Sharma (40), who is employed with transport department of Delhi government.
The victim alleged the accused had sexual relationship with her but refused to marry her.
The woman, who is now married and staying with her husband in Australia, claimed Sharma is her husband`s friend.
The victim, who filed the complaint on March 9, also alleged that she was beaten up by Sharma who also threatened her with dire consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach