Delhi govt employees health scheme simplified
New Delhi: Sitting and former MLAs of Delhi
as well as senior government employees will now be able to
avail medical facilities in reputed private hospitals at
government expenses without any hassle.
Delhi Cabinet, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, today approved certain modifications in Delhi
Government Employees Health Scheme (DGEHS) simplifying
procedure for getting treatment at empanelled private
The DGHS was launched by Government in April, 1997.
Health Minister Kiran Walia said the modifications have been
made to ensure hassle-free medical facilities to senior
government officers, MLAs and former MLAs at private
"As per existing norms, if somebody wants to get admitted
into a private hospital, he has to be referred to the private
hospital by a government hospital. There are certain other
procedural bottlenecks also. The modifications aim to do away
with all these," Walia said.
She said now the new provision will allow beneficiaries
the facility of cashless treatment in NCR region subject to
permission from competent authority.
"It was felt that still there are certain provisions
which need to be amended to ensure better healthcare to the
beneficiaries," she said.
The scheme is also available to sitting and retired
judges of High Court of Delhi. Employees of fully funded
autonomous bodies of Delhi Government can also opt for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad