Delhi govt finds `irregularities` in LPG supply
New Delhi: Delhi Government has found major "irregularities" in supply of LPG cylinders by various gas agencies and vendors including diversion to the black market and sale of underweight cylinders to the consumers.
The government carried out 455 raids across the city in the premises of vendors, gas agencies and godowns in the last three months and found a total of 4,139 cases of alleged violations, Delhi Civil Supplies Minister Harun Yusuf said on Thursday.
He said as cylinders are supplied to the consumer by agencies affiliated to Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum, the government would ask the Oil Ministry to initiate action against the violators.
The minister said penalty procedures have been initiated against the violators while FIRs have been filed in eight cases.
"We are writing to the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to take action against the violators," Yusuf said, adding strong action would be taken against the gas agencies and bottling plants involved in black marketing and sell of underweight LPG cylinder.
He said the inspection was carried out by Department of Weights and Measures
Currently, 279 LPG gas agencies are operating in the city which belong to IOC, BPCL and HPCL.
He said that the Government of Delhi has set up a control room having telephone no 23379266 to receive complaints of the consumers relating to supply of LPG cylinders.
Yusuf said complaints were received that the LPG cylinder supplied from the bottling plants were not as per the specified weight.
"My department conducted simultaneous raids April 24 at two bottling plants of Indian Oil Corporation which are located at Madanpur Khaddar and Ghewra More, Tikri Kalan. The inspections was conducted in the presence of representative of the Indian Oil Corporation," he said.
Yusuf said out of more than 300 LPG cylinders, 137 were found having weight less than the prescribed weight.
He said for short supply of LPG cylinder, the supplier is liable for penalty under provision of Metrology Act, 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory