Delhi govt formation: BJP president Amit Shah meets Sangh leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amid indications that the BJP will opt top go for fresh elections in Delhi rather than cobbling together a government, party president Amit Shah met senior leaders of the Sangh Parivar on Thursday.
The meeting held at former party president and union minister in the Modi government Nitin Gadkari`s residence was attend Shah`s predecessor Rajnath Singh, Bhaiyaji Joshi and Suresh Soni.
Senior leaders Ramlal and Krishna Gopal were also present.
Today`s meeting comes just days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and top leaders of BJP reviewed the political situation in the national capital. As per reports, the general view among senior leaders was that there should be fresh election, though there were suggestions for taking opinions of the party MLAs as well.
Last week, Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay had said the party was "fully ready" to face fresh election while sounding confident of getting a clear majority if polls are held again.
The sources said though most of the BJP MLAs are reluctant to go to polls, they have already been told to start preparing for fresh elections.
A senior Delhi BJP leader said there is a possibility of election taking place in February next year as President`s rule can continue for one year.
Central rule was imposed in Delhi on February 17 after 49- day-old AAP government had resigned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you