Delhi govt formation: BJP president Amit Shah meets Sangh leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amid indications that the BJP will opt top go for fresh elections in Delhi rather than cobbling together a government, party president Amit Shah met senior leaders of the Sangh Parivar on Thursday.
The meeting held at former party president and union minister in the Modi government Nitin Gadkari`s residence was attend Shah`s predecessor Rajnath Singh, Bhaiyaji Joshi and Suresh Soni.
Senior leaders Ramlal and Krishna Gopal were also present.
Today`s meeting comes just days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and top leaders of BJP reviewed the political situation in the national capital. As per reports, the general view among senior leaders was that there should be fresh election, though there were suggestions for taking opinions of the party MLAs as well.
Last week, Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay had said the party was "fully ready" to face fresh election while sounding confident of getting a clear majority if polls are held again.
The sources said though most of the BJP MLAs are reluctant to go to polls, they have already been told to start preparing for fresh elections.
A senior Delhi BJP leader said there is a possibility of election taking place in February next year as President`s rule can continue for one year.
Central rule was imposed in Delhi on February 17 after 49- day-old AAP government had resigned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan