Delhi govt gets notice for not admitting patient
New Delhi: The NHRC on Tuesday issued a notice to
the Delhi government asking it to submit a report on the
incident of a woman delivering a baby in front of a hospital
after being denied admission.
The National Human Rights Commission has issued notices to
the Chief Secretary and the Health Secretary, seeking detailed
reports within two weeks, a Commission spokesperson said.
The action came on a complaint alleging that a woman was
forced to deliver a baby in front of the emergency gate of
Dr Ambedkar Hospital in Rohini yesterday when doctors refused
to admit her.
"The complainant prayed for action against errant doctors
of the hospital and sought compensation for the victim of
medical negligence. He also requested the Commission to issue
directions to the concerned authorities for stopping
recurrence of such an incident," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers