Delhi govt gets notice for not admitting patient
New Delhi: The NHRC on Tuesday issued a notice to
the Delhi government asking it to submit a report on the
incident of a woman delivering a baby in front of a hospital
after being denied admission.
The National Human Rights Commission has issued notices to
the Chief Secretary and the Health Secretary, seeking detailed
reports within two weeks, a Commission spokesperson said.
The action came on a complaint alleging that a woman was
forced to deliver a baby in front of the emergency gate of
Dr Ambedkar Hospital in Rohini yesterday when doctors refused
to admit her.
"The complainant prayed for action against errant doctors
of the hospital and sought compensation for the victim of
medical negligence. He also requested the Commission to issue
directions to the concerned authorities for stopping
recurrence of such an incident," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef