‘Delhi govt has joined hands with water mafia’
New Delhi: Criticising Delhi government`s plans of privatising water distribution in the capital, BJP on Tuesday said it will raise the issue of water scarcity during the Assembly session beginning May 28.
"People living in slums have to pay water bills as high as Rs 1,000. They have to pay 10 times more to attain the basic necessity of life. Private tankers are selling water at exorbitant rate.
"Black marketing of water is causing major troubles to people. The government has joined hands with water mafia," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told reporters.
He also alleged that careless attitude of Delhi Jal Board is evident in the rusted and leaking water pipelines, which has given way to prevalent diseases in the capital.
BJP will protest all over Delhi against the government next week, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter