‘Delhi govt has joined hands with water mafia’
New Delhi: Criticising Delhi government`s plans of privatising water distribution in the capital, BJP on Tuesday said it will raise the issue of water scarcity during the Assembly session beginning May 28.
"People living in slums have to pay water bills as high as Rs 1,000. They have to pay 10 times more to attain the basic necessity of life. Private tankers are selling water at exorbitant rate.
"Black marketing of water is causing major troubles to people. The government has joined hands with water mafia," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told reporters.
He also alleged that careless attitude of Delhi Jal Board is evident in the rusted and leaking water pipelines, which has given way to prevalent diseases in the capital.
BJP will protest all over Delhi against the government next week, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming