‘Delhi govt has joined hands with water mafia’
New Delhi: Criticising Delhi government`s plans of privatising water distribution in the capital, BJP on Tuesday said it will raise the issue of water scarcity during the Assembly session beginning May 28.
"People living in slums have to pay water bills as high as Rs 1,000. They have to pay 10 times more to attain the basic necessity of life. Private tankers are selling water at exorbitant rate.
"Black marketing of water is causing major troubles to people. The government has joined hands with water mafia," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told reporters.
He also alleged that careless attitude of Delhi Jal Board is evident in the rusted and leaking water pipelines, which has given way to prevalent diseases in the capital.
BJP will protest all over Delhi against the government next week, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look