Delhi: Govt in action, hospitals lack fire NoC
New Delhi: Learning lessons from the
devastating fire in a Kolkata hospital, Delhi government on Friday
decided to upgrade fire safety measures in 37 hospitals run by
it most of which do not have the mandatory NOC from the fire
A top official of the Health Department said most of the
government run hospitals in the city do not have the no
objection certificate from the fire department.
"It is difficult to get fire NOC as the norms are very
stringent," he said, adding that the issue was reviewed and
instructions have been issued to upgrade the fire safety
Delhi government runs 37 major hospitals besides nearly
The Health department official said it was the
responsibility of the PWD to procure the NOC from the fire
department as the agency constructed all the hospital
buildings and in-charge of maintaining them.
A senior official of the PWD said the agency has reviewed
the issue following the fire tragedy in a Kolkata hospital and
resolved to get NOC from the fire department.
"We are taking the issue very seriously. Instructions are
being issued to get NOC from the fire department for all the
hospitals," he said.
Meanwhile, Health Minister AK Walia inaugurated a newly
constructed private ward and an extension of casualty block in
Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital at Pitampura which also does not have
NOC from the fire department.
"This is a serious issue and we are looking into it,"
Walia said when asked about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical