Delhi: Govt in action, hospitals lack fire NoC
New Delhi: Learning lessons from the
devastating fire in a Kolkata hospital, Delhi government on Friday
decided to upgrade fire safety measures in 37 hospitals run by
it most of which do not have the mandatory NOC from the fire
A top official of the Health Department said most of the
government run hospitals in the city do not have the no
objection certificate from the fire department.
"It is difficult to get fire NOC as the norms are very
stringent," he said, adding that the issue was reviewed and
instructions have been issued to upgrade the fire safety
Delhi government runs 37 major hospitals besides nearly
The Health department official said it was the
responsibility of the PWD to procure the NOC from the fire
department as the agency constructed all the hospital
buildings and in-charge of maintaining them.
A senior official of the PWD said the agency has reviewed
the issue following the fire tragedy in a Kolkata hospital and
resolved to get NOC from the fire department.
"We are taking the issue very seriously. Instructions are
being issued to get NOC from the fire department for all the
hospitals," he said.
Meanwhile, Health Minister AK Walia inaugurated a newly
constructed private ward and an extension of casualty block in
Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital at Pitampura which also does not have
NOC from the fire department.
"This is a serious issue and we are looking into it,"
Walia said when asked about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!