Delhi Govt initiates action against Dwarka housing societies
New Delhi: Delhi government today initiated
punitive action, including registration of FIRs, against the
cooperative group housing societies (CGHS) in Dwarka which
carried out draw of lots on their own for possession of flats.
"We are filing FIR against the housing societies involved
in yesterday`s draw of lots," Cooperative Minister Raj Kumar
Six group housing societies had yesterday held a self
draw of lots to get possession of the flats which were lying
vacant since the year 2005 following investigation by CBI and
Following some allegations, the Delhi High Court had
asked CBI to probe the irregularities in the group housing
Angered over the self draw of lots, Chouhan said
government will also cancel water and power connection to the
flats and ask police to take strict action against the
societies involved in the self draw.
"We will ask police to take action and if they do not
heed to our directive we will approach the Lt Governor to
direct police to take action," said Chouhan.
In February this year, representatives of the group
housing societies had met Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and
sought her intervention in finding a solution to the deadlock
relating to possession of their flats.
The Chief Minister had asked the societies to submit
their relevant documents for completing the formalities. She
had also assured them that the Registrar of Cooperative
Societies (RCS) will process their case expeditiously.
Allotment of the flats in Dwarka cooperative group
housing societies were delayed by several years as a CBI probe
found that many societies were fake.
Some members of 10 different cooperative group housing
societies (CGHS) had held their own draw in January this year
also. The Registrar of Cooperative Societies (RCS) had,
however, declared the draw null and void.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened