Delhi Govt may install CCTV cameras on DTC buses
New Delhi: The city government may soon
install CCTV cameras in Delhi Transport Corporation buses to
check molestation, eve-teasing and other crimes against women
in the public transport.
Delhi Health Minister Kiran Walia, while addressing
a function, said she would present a comprehensive plan to
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit soon for ensuring safety of
women in the city.
She said installation of CCTV cameras in DTC buses
will be part of the plan to check crime against women in the
Walia said to ensure safety of women, the government
will soon launch a mass awareness campaign in which police,
urban planners, transport authorities, NGOs and community
groups will be involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding