Delhi Govt may install CCTV cameras on DTC buses
New Delhi: The city government may soon
install CCTV cameras in Delhi Transport Corporation buses to
check molestation, eve-teasing and other crimes against women
in the public transport.
Delhi Health Minister Kiran Walia, while addressing
a function, said she would present a comprehensive plan to
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit soon for ensuring safety of
women in the city.
She said installation of CCTV cameras in DTC buses
will be part of the plan to check crime against women in the
Walia said to ensure safety of women, the government
will soon launch a mass awareness campaign in which police,
urban planners, transport authorities, NGOs and community
groups will be involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!