Delhi Govt may install CCTV cameras on DTC buses
New Delhi: The city government may soon
install CCTV cameras in Delhi Transport Corporation buses to
check molestation, eve-teasing and other crimes against women
in the public transport.
Delhi Health Minister Kiran Walia, while addressing
a function, said she would present a comprehensive plan to
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit soon for ensuring safety of
women in the city.
She said installation of CCTV cameras in DTC buses
will be part of the plan to check crime against women in the
Walia said to ensure safety of women, the government
will soon launch a mass awareness campaign in which police,
urban planners, transport authorities, NGOs and community
groups will be involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation