Delhi govt may lack knowledge, but intention is pure: Kejriwal
New Delhi: In the wake of criticism by the Opposition, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said his government may lack vision and have shortcomings, but its intention is pure.
In his vote of thanks to the LG`s address yesterday, he said, "You (BJP and Congress MLAs) have done a good job. Don`t let us sleep and keep us on our toes.
"We may have shortcomings and lack vision, but I want to assure the House that we have pure intention."
Calling for better coordination between members of the Opposition and government, he said that "28 MLAs" cannot handle the situation, but to solve the problems entire Delhi has to come together.
"That will happen later, but at least all 70 members should have coordination," he said in his six-minute speech.
He added that swaraj (self-rule) cannot be brought without dialogue. "It`s for our future... Our children`s future," Kerjiwal said.
He noted that the discussion in the house saw positive criticism and burning issues came to light.
He said that while criticising and advising him, some MLAs used soft language, some used harsh, while some of them used very harsh language.
"Many issues which were raised by the House members were not part of the LG`s speech, but they are equally important. I want to assure the house that I will take into account all the points," Kejriwal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!