Delhi govt may lack knowledge, but intention is pure: Kejriwal
New Delhi: In the wake of criticism by the Opposition, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said his government may lack vision and have shortcomings, but its intention is pure.
In his vote of thanks to the LG`s address yesterday, he said, "You (BJP and Congress MLAs) have done a good job. Don`t let us sleep and keep us on our toes.
"We may have shortcomings and lack vision, but I want to assure the House that we have pure intention."
Calling for better coordination between members of the Opposition and government, he said that "28 MLAs" cannot handle the situation, but to solve the problems entire Delhi has to come together.
"That will happen later, but at least all 70 members should have coordination," he said in his six-minute speech.
He added that swaraj (self-rule) cannot be brought without dialogue. "It`s for our future... Our children`s future," Kerjiwal said.
He noted that the discussion in the house saw positive criticism and burning issues came to light.
He said that while criticising and advising him, some MLAs used soft language, some used harsh, while some of them used very harsh language.
"Many issues which were raised by the House members were not part of the LG`s speech, but they are equally important. I want to assure the house that I will take into account all the points," Kejriwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31