Delhi govt not serious in regularising colonies: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Saturday accused the city government of not taking up seriously the issue of regularising close to 1,000 unauthorised colonies.
Addressing a press conference here, Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta alleged the government was "misleading" the people by promising to regularise 917 unauthorised colonies next month.
He claimed 51 colonies remained unauthorised despite an announcement made to regularise them last year.
"The recent claim of regularising 917 unauthorised colonies is nothing but a lie. In the past four and half years, the government has only achieved 20 per cent of what they had claimed in a public gazette issued in 2008.
"The government had announced a list of 51 unauthorised colonies ready to be regularised but the process was stopped midway. The list of colonies never came to MCD`s standing committee for its approval. Why was the process stopped just before it came into MCD`s domain," Gupta said.
Gupta claimed the civic body had given layout plans of 160 colonies but the Congress government had kept the cases pending because of its "non-serious" attitude.
"When MCD sent the layout plans of 160 colonies to Delhi government, then why the concerned papers were not returned to MCD after fixing the boundary walls of these colonies? The Congress government is non-serious and wants only to be seen as working", he said.
Gupta accused the government of making a "false promise" for "electoral benefit".
"Regularising unauthorised colonies is a lolipop to be used before the elections. They used it before MCD elections; they will use it again before the assembly polls. Unauthorised colonies will never really be regularised under the Congress rule," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!