Delhi govt offers support to woman injured at Ramlila Maidan
New Delhi: The Delhi Government on Tuesday
offered "all support" including bearing the cost of treatment
of 51-year-old Raj Bala, who was seriously injured in the
police crackdown on Ramdev and his followers on Saturday
Health Minister AK Walia and Pawan Khera, Political
Secretary to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, visited the woman
at the GB Pant Hospital and offered the government`s full
support to her.
"The Chief Minister had instructed us to visit her. We
offered Raj Bala all support including the medical cost of her
treatment," Khera said later.
Raj Bala, one of the 71 people injured in crackdown at
Ramlila Maidan, is in a critical condition.
The Health Minister has asked the doctors attending on
her to provide her best medical care.
Raj Bala, a resident of Gurgaon, had sustained severe
head injuries during the police crackdown at the Ramlila
Asked specifically what kind of support the Delhi
Government would provide to her apart from bearing her medical
expenses, Khera only said that government will give her "all
Senior BJP leader Vijay Kumar Malhotra had yesterday
slammed Dikshit for "not uttering" a single word expressing
sympathy for the women and children who sustained injuries in
He also criticised Dikshit for not visiting the
injured in the hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’