Delhi govt officials in alleged land scam
New Delhi: Major irregularities have been
noticed in regularising an unauthorised industrial area,
spread in about 150 acres in the national capital, allegedly
in connivance with certain Delhi government officials.
The bungling, which may worth crores of rupees, was
pointed out in an inspection report submitted by one of the
senior officials of Urban Development Department under the
Delhi government who recommended a vigilance inquiry into the
According to the report, certain Delhi government
officials illegally gave Provisional Regularisation
Certificate (PRC) to land in Shiv Vihar and Shahbad Extension,
Part II for construction of warehouses and other commercial
activities in the guise of residential colonies.
The report, on land bearing registration numbers 1304 and
LOP-07/567 under the Shahbad Extension Part II consisting
around 657 bighas (around 150 acres), said that the entire
area consists of huge and largely built up industrial shades.
"These shades are of more than 2,000 sq mt in size, even
some of them are of 5,000 sq mt of size. Undersigned was
shocked to see that there is no residential area among these
industrial plots/shades only workers were found in these
areas...," Ravindra Singh Parmar, Deputy Secretary,
Unauthorised Colony Cell of Urban Development Department, said
in its report.
According to official data, there are 876 plots of 100 sq
mt, 543 plots of more than 100 sq mt and 720 plots of more
than 250 sq mt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS