Delhi govt officials in alleged land scam
New Delhi: Major irregularities have been
noticed in regularising an unauthorised industrial area,
spread in about 150 acres in the national capital, allegedly
in connivance with certain Delhi government officials.
The bungling, which may worth crores of rupees, was
pointed out in an inspection report submitted by one of the
senior officials of Urban Development Department under the
Delhi government who recommended a vigilance inquiry into the
According to the report, certain Delhi government
officials illegally gave Provisional Regularisation
Certificate (PRC) to land in Shiv Vihar and Shahbad Extension,
Part II for construction of warehouses and other commercial
activities in the guise of residential colonies.
The report, on land bearing registration numbers 1304 and
LOP-07/567 under the Shahbad Extension Part II consisting
around 657 bighas (around 150 acres), said that the entire
area consists of huge and largely built up industrial shades.
"These shades are of more than 2,000 sq mt in size, even
some of them are of 5,000 sq mt of size. Undersigned was
shocked to see that there is no residential area among these
industrial plots/shades only workers were found in these
areas...," Ravindra Singh Parmar, Deputy Secretary,
Unauthorised Colony Cell of Urban Development Department, said
in its report.
According to official data, there are 876 plots of 100 sq
mt, 543 plots of more than 100 sq mt and 720 plots of more
than 250 sq mt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic