Delhi govt officials in alleged land scam
New Delhi: Major irregularities have been
noticed in regularising an unauthorised industrial area,
spread in about 150 acres in the national capital, allegedly
in connivance with certain Delhi government officials.
The bungling, which may worth crores of rupees, was
pointed out in an inspection report submitted by one of the
senior officials of Urban Development Department under the
Delhi government who recommended a vigilance inquiry into the
According to the report, certain Delhi government
officials illegally gave Provisional Regularisation
Certificate (PRC) to land in Shiv Vihar and Shahbad Extension,
Part II for construction of warehouses and other commercial
activities in the guise of residential colonies.
The report, on land bearing registration numbers 1304 and
LOP-07/567 under the Shahbad Extension Part II consisting
around 657 bighas (around 150 acres), said that the entire
area consists of huge and largely built up industrial shades.
"These shades are of more than 2,000 sq mt in size, even
some of them are of 5,000 sq mt of size. Undersigned was
shocked to see that there is no residential area among these
industrial plots/shades only workers were found in these
areas...," Ravindra Singh Parmar, Deputy Secretary,
Unauthorised Colony Cell of Urban Development Department, said
in its report.
According to official data, there are 876 plots of 100 sq
mt, 543 plots of more than 100 sq mt and 720 plots of more
than 250 sq mt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed