Delhi govt orders expediting enrolment for Aadhar
New Delhi: Not satisfied with pace of
enrolment for Adhaar number, Delhi government on Friday directed
the agencies concerned to expedite the process.
Revenue Minister AK Walia reviewed implementation of the
scheme in the city and strictly told all agencies concerned to
speed up the enrolment process.
Officials said that out of total population of 1.67
crore, bio-metric details of 95 lakh people have been
collected so far while Adhaar numbers have been generated in
respect of 43 lakh people.
The government has hired private agencies to collect
bio-metric data and registration of citizens for issuance of
The meeting was attended by Deputy Commissioners
(Revenue) of all districts besides senior officials of
He also instructed the departments to exhort the people
to come out for their enrolment so that all residents of the
city could be provided with the Aadhar number.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit number which the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is issuing for all
residents in India. The UIDAI is storing basic demographic and
biometric information - photograph, ten fingerprints and eye
scan - of each individual, being issued the number, in a
Walia said government would use the Adhaar database to
identify actual beneficiaries for various schemes and plug the
loopholes in the PDS as well as in implementing some other
He particularly expressed unhappiness over implementation
of the scheme in West, East and South districts.
Officials said a total of 16,79,845 people have been
enrolled in North-West district while Adhaar numbers have
been generated in respect of 5,81,066.
In South-West District, 13,51,019 people were enrolled
and 6,19,663 were issued the numbers while in North-East
14,79,840 people have been enrolled and 93,755 were given the
In Central district, the number of people enrolled is
3,88,730 while Adhaar numbers have been generated in respect
of 2,82,390. A total of 1,10,804 people were enrolled in New
Delhi while 79,321 were issued the number.
In North district, 4,27,864 people were enrolled and
1,75,360 were issued the numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days