Delhi Govt plans single window system to track vigilance cases
New Delhi: Delhi Government will soon come up with a `single window system` to keep a track on ongoing enquiries and vigilance cases lodged against government employees.
"At present it is difficult to follow up cases pending against employees. Keeping a track of such cases gets more complicated when the employees concerned are transferred from one department to another.
"Once implemented, the single window system will provide these information at a click of mouse as all the data of such cases will be available online," said a senior official.
The official further said the matter was discussed in a recently held meeting chaired by Chief Secretary S K Srivastava and the State Vigilance department has been directed to put the single window system in place.
According to sources, the system aims at bringing in transparency in government`s functioning and will focus on inquiries and cases lodged against officers of all ranks.
Meanwhile, in another initiative the government is exploring the possibility of using anti-corruption helpline to register public grievance cases as well.
The department handling the calls has been asked to analyse the types of complaints being received by it. The call centre is receiving hundreds of calls on daily basis, but all of them are not related to corruption. Many pertain to seeking suggestions and other categories.
Based on the analysis, the government will explore the possibility of using the helpline for registering public grievances, said an official adding the work has already been started by the department concerned.
Fulfilling its promise made soon after coming into power, the former AAP government on January 8 had launched the anti-corruption helpline number to deal with graft cases and promised action within 24 hours of sting operation to expose corrupt officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened