Delhi govt preparing response to Shunglu report: Dikshit
New Delhi: Under stinging attack from the
opposition, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today said her
government is preparing a response to the Shunglu Committee
report which has indicted her and Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna
among several people for delays and losses in infrastructure
projects for the Commonwealth Games.
"We will send the report to the Prime Minister and the
Union Cabinet Secretary," Dikshit said. Top officials said
that the report will be sent either on Monday or on Tuesday.
"A detailed report is being prepared based on the Shunglu
report on city infrastructure," a top official said.
The Shunglu Committee report alleging financial and
managerial discrepancies on several contracts executed by
various agencies is being examined by the PMO, the officials
said. This is the Shunglu panel`s third report.
"We are studying the report and will react after that,"
Dikshit had said earlier in the day when asked about her being
named in the report for irregularities in Games works.
The BJP has demanded Dikshit`s resignation, saying she
has no moral authority to continue in office after the
In the backdrop of the committee naming him for
inadequacies in connection with Games Village project, the Lt
Governor has already sent a "detailed dossier" to the Prime
Minister`s Office explaining the circumstances leading to the
offering of a Rs 760-crore bailout package to Games Village
developer Emmar MGF by DDA, which had implemented the project
in a PPP mode with the private firm.
The Shunglu Committee was appointed by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh in October last year, just after the completion
of the mega sports event, to probe allegations of corruption,
misappropriation of funds, irregularities and weaknesses in
management of the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day