Delhi govt preparing response to Shunglu report: Dikshit
New Delhi: Under stinging attack from the
opposition, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today said her
government is preparing a response to the Shunglu Committee
report which has indicted her and Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna
among several people for delays and losses in infrastructure
projects for the Commonwealth Games.
"We will send the report to the Prime Minister and the
Union Cabinet Secretary," Dikshit said. Top officials said
that the report will be sent either on Monday or on Tuesday.
"A detailed report is being prepared based on the Shunglu
report on city infrastructure," a top official said.
The Shunglu Committee report alleging financial and
managerial discrepancies on several contracts executed by
various agencies is being examined by the PMO, the officials
said. This is the Shunglu panel`s third report.
"We are studying the report and will react after that,"
Dikshit had said earlier in the day when asked about her being
named in the report for irregularities in Games works.
The BJP has demanded Dikshit`s resignation, saying she
has no moral authority to continue in office after the
In the backdrop of the committee naming him for
inadequacies in connection with Games Village project, the Lt
Governor has already sent a "detailed dossier" to the Prime
Minister`s Office explaining the circumstances leading to the
offering of a Rs 760-crore bailout package to Games Village
developer Emmar MGF by DDA, which had implemented the project
in a PPP mode with the private firm.
The Shunglu Committee was appointed by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh in October last year, just after the completion
of the mega sports event, to probe allegations of corruption,
misappropriation of funds, irregularities and weaknesses in
management of the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!