Delhi govt preparing response to Shunglu report: Dikshit
New Delhi: Under stinging attack from the
opposition, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today said her
government is preparing a response to the Shunglu Committee
report which has indicted her and Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna
among several people for delays and losses in infrastructure
projects for the Commonwealth Games.
"We will send the report to the Prime Minister and the
Union Cabinet Secretary," Dikshit said. Top officials said
that the report will be sent either on Monday or on Tuesday.
"A detailed report is being prepared based on the Shunglu
report on city infrastructure," a top official said.
The Shunglu Committee report alleging financial and
managerial discrepancies on several contracts executed by
various agencies is being examined by the PMO, the officials
said. This is the Shunglu panel`s third report.
"We are studying the report and will react after that,"
Dikshit had said earlier in the day when asked about her being
named in the report for irregularities in Games works.
The BJP has demanded Dikshit`s resignation, saying she
has no moral authority to continue in office after the
In the backdrop of the committee naming him for
inadequacies in connection with Games Village project, the Lt
Governor has already sent a "detailed dossier" to the Prime
Minister`s Office explaining the circumstances leading to the
offering of a Rs 760-crore bailout package to Games Village
developer Emmar MGF by DDA, which had implemented the project
in a PPP mode with the private firm.
The Shunglu Committee was appointed by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh in October last year, just after the completion
of the mega sports event, to probe allegations of corruption,
misappropriation of funds, irregularities and weaknesses in
management of the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31