Delhi govt proposes recategorisation of colonies, revision of circle rates
New Delhi: The Delhi government has proposed re-categorisation of colonies in the national capital and revision of circle rates to address discrepancies in the existing setup and to generate more revenue.
"The idea is to put the colonies having similar market rates in the same category. At present there is lack of uniformity as some colonies falling under categories C and D have more market value than few colonies in the A and B categories," a source in the revenue department said.
The department has proposed introduction of a new category called A1 for upscale colonies like Vasant Vihar, Friends Colony, Shanti Niketan, and Maharani Bagh among others.
At present all these colonies fall under A category and pay the same circle rates as other colonies in category A.
Apart from this, the department also plans to erase the uniformed circle rates for Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flats and flats of cooperative group housing societies.
The government has divided all localities of the national capital into eight categories, ranging from category A to H. Each category has a different circle rate- the upscale areas of Delhi have higher rates as compared to the less-developed areas.
The proposal would be soon sent to Lt Governor Najeeb Jung for approval.
Accordingly, officials said that the circle rates would be also revised as the rates in some colonies are much lower than the actual market rates prevailing in these areas.
The last circle rate revision took place in 2012 when the minimum rates for valuation of land and immovable properties were increased substantially.
The current rates are Rs 6.45 lakh per sq m in A category colonies and Rs 2.05 lakh per sq m in B category.
The rate for C category colonies is Rs 1,33,200 per sq m, Rs 1,06,400 for D category, Rs 58,400 for E category, Rs 47,200 for F category, Rs 38,500 for G category and Rs 19,400 for H category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan