Delhi govt relaxes criteria to avail Annashree Yojna scheme
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Wednesday decided to extend benefits of its ambitious Annashree Yojna to more vulnerable families under which cash subsidy of Rs 600 a month is being given to nearly one lakh households.
A proposal to relax eligibility criteria for getting benefit under the scheme was approved by Delhi Cabinet.
As per today`s Cabinet decision, any household whose head has been a resident of Delhi for at least three years and the annual family income is not more than Rs 1 lakh will be eligible for benefit under the scheme.
"The cut-off date for residing in Delhi has been fixed as January 1, 2010," Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said. The earlier cut-off date was April 1, 2008.
The basic eligibility criteria, that to get benefit under the scheme a household must be not avail benefits under BPL scheme and Antyodaya Anna Yojana, will remain same.
"It is a sincere effort in the direction of ensuring food security in the city. The new beneficiaries would become eligible for benefit with retrospective effect from April 1, 2013," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said due to the earlier fixed cut-off date for residency, a large number of people were left out.
So far, around one lakh households have been included under the scheme which was launched on December 15 last year.
Under the scheme, monthly cash subsidy of Rs 600 is transferred directly into Aadhaar-linked bank account of the senior-most female member of the beneficiary families.
The government in April had extended the benefit under the scheme to widows getting pension from Delhi Government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title