Delhi govt reviews implementation of PM`s 15-pt programme
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Monday reviewed implementation of Prime Minister`s 15-point programme for welfare of minorities in the national capital and decided to
put more effort in implementing the schemes.
The review was made at a Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
She later said Government was committed to implement the Prime Minister`s 15-Point Programme for the welfare of minorities.
As per provisions of the National Commission for Minorities Act 1992, five religious communities -- Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist and Parsis -- have been notified
Dikshit said her government has been concentrating on better facilities of transport, health and education in predominantly minority inhabited areas.
In order to provide for training and income earning opportunities, she said city government has launched various schemes.
Officials said Government has identified Mithapur, Savada Ghewara, Aman Vihar, Bawana and Burari as new areas for implementing minority welfare schemes.
They said it has also been decided to fill vacant posts of Urdu teachers in government-run schools.
The city government is also concentrating on ensuring an equitable share for minorities in economic activities and employment through various schemes, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested