Delhi govt rolls back its move on working hours for teachers
New Delhi: Facing flak from teachers` community, Delhi government has withdrawn its order of increasing the working hours of school teachers to 45 hours per week and resorted the earlier schedule.
According to the previous order issued by the Directorate of Education (DoE), school teachers working in government or government aided and un-aided recognised schools were asked to devote 45 hours teaching per week.
The existing time for teachers in summers thus remains 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
Similarly, the existing time for teachers in winters is 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
The existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in summers is 7:00 am to 12:30 pm (morning shift) or 1 pm to 6:30 pm (evening shift).
Similarly, the existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in winters is 7:30 AM to 12:40 PM and 1 PM to 6:10 PM.
The orders were passed by the Right to Education Branch under sections 19 and 25 of the right of children to free and compulsory education act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!