Delhi govt rolls back its move on working hours for teachers
New Delhi: Facing flak from teachers` community, Delhi government has withdrawn its order of increasing the working hours of school teachers to 45 hours per week and resorted the earlier schedule.
According to the previous order issued by the Directorate of Education (DoE), school teachers working in government or government aided and un-aided recognised schools were asked to devote 45 hours teaching per week.
The existing time for teachers in summers thus remains 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
Similarly, the existing time for teachers in winters is 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
The existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in summers is 7:00 am to 12:30 pm (morning shift) or 1 pm to 6:30 pm (evening shift).
Similarly, the existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in winters is 7:30 AM to 12:40 PM and 1 PM to 6:10 PM.
The orders were passed by the Right to Education Branch under sections 19 and 25 of the right of children to free and compulsory education act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka