Delhi govt rolls back its move on working hours for teachers
New Delhi: Facing flak from teachers` community, Delhi government has withdrawn its order of increasing the working hours of school teachers to 45 hours per week and resorted the earlier schedule.
According to the previous order issued by the Directorate of Education (DoE), school teachers working in government or government aided and un-aided recognised schools were asked to devote 45 hours teaching per week.
The existing time for teachers in summers thus remains 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
Similarly, the existing time for teachers in winters is 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
The existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in summers is 7:00 am to 12:30 pm (morning shift) or 1 pm to 6:30 pm (evening shift).
Similarly, the existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in winters is 7:30 AM to 12:40 PM and 1 PM to 6:10 PM.
The orders were passed by the Right to Education Branch under sections 19 and 25 of the right of children to free and compulsory education act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum