Delhi govt rolls back its move on working hours for teachers
New Delhi: Facing flak from teachers` community, Delhi government has withdrawn its order of increasing the working hours of school teachers to 45 hours per week and resorted the earlier schedule.
According to the previous order issued by the Directorate of Education (DoE), school teachers working in government or government aided and un-aided recognised schools were asked to devote 45 hours teaching per week.
The existing time for teachers in summers thus remains 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
Similarly, the existing time for teachers in winters is 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 8 AM to 2 PM.
The existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in summers is 7:00 am to 12:30 pm (morning shift) or 1 pm to 6:30 pm (evening shift).
Similarly, the existing time for teachers working in double shift schools in winters is 7:30 AM to 12:40 PM and 1 PM to 6:10 PM.
The orders were passed by the Right to Education Branch under sections 19 and 25 of the right of children to free and compulsory education act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands