Delhi govt sanctions 13,000 posts of teachers
New Delhi: The Delhi government has sanctioned
creation of about 13,000 new posts of teachers for schools run
by it besides planning to set up more schools for effective
implementation of the Right To Education Act.
This was announced by Education Minister Arvinder Singh
Lovely while launching a year-long `Shiksha Ka Haq Abhiyan`
campaign to create awareness about the RTE Act which provides
for free and compulsory education to all children between age
of 6 and 14 years.
Launching the campaign, he said Delhi government has
approved the Delhi Right of children to Free and Compulsory
Education Rules 2011 and the same will soon be notified in the
Gazette for full implementation of provisions of RTE Act.
Lovely said government plans to set up more schools in
the city to cater to growing needs and for effective
implementation of the RTE Act.
He said the plan is to make available one school for
classes between one to five within a radius of one kilometer
and in case of students in classes of VI to VIII a school
would be established within a radius of three kms.
He said no child would be denied admission in Delhi.
Lovely said all government and government-aided schools
will have a school management committee to prepare
school development plan which will assess class-wise
enrolment, requirement of teachers as well as infrastructure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly