Delhi govt sanctions Rs 47 lakh to NGOs
New Delhi: Delhi government on Wednesday sanctioned
a financial assistance of Rs 47 lakh to a number of NGOs and
social organisations doing pioneering work in various fields.
The decision to extend the grant was taken at a meeting
presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. The assistance will
be given from the coffers of Delhi Kalyan Samittee.
The beneficiaries include Joint Forum of Vasundhara
Enclave, Sumudhar Hamsdhavani Trust, The Delhi Bhartiya Gramin
Mahila Sangh and Crafts Council of India.
The government has also decided to provide financial aid
to the tune of Rs 5.60 lakh to 12 poor persons, suffering from
diseases, for their treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured