Delhi govt sanctions Rs 47 lakh to NGOs
New Delhi: Delhi government on Wednesday sanctioned
a financial assistance of Rs 47 lakh to a number of NGOs and
social organisations doing pioneering work in various fields.
The decision to extend the grant was taken at a meeting
presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. The assistance will
be given from the coffers of Delhi Kalyan Samittee.
The beneficiaries include Joint Forum of Vasundhara
Enclave, Sumudhar Hamsdhavani Trust, The Delhi Bhartiya Gramin
Mahila Sangh and Crafts Council of India.
The government has also decided to provide financial aid
to the tune of Rs 5.60 lakh to 12 poor persons, suffering from
diseases, for their treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city