Delhi govt sanctions Rs 47 lakh to NGOs
New Delhi: Delhi government on Wednesday sanctioned
a financial assistance of Rs 47 lakh to a number of NGOs and
social organisations doing pioneering work in various fields.
The decision to extend the grant was taken at a meeting
presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. The assistance will
be given from the coffers of Delhi Kalyan Samittee.
The beneficiaries include Joint Forum of Vasundhara
Enclave, Sumudhar Hamsdhavani Trust, The Delhi Bhartiya Gramin
Mahila Sangh and Crafts Council of India.
The government has also decided to provide financial aid
to the tune of Rs 5.60 lakh to 12 poor persons, suffering from
diseases, for their treatment.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS