`Delhi govt schools performed best in CBSE exams`
New Delhi: Delhi`s Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely on Monday said that schools under the Delhi government have performed the best among government-run schools across the country in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 exams this year.
"This year, 87.72 percent students studying in Delhi government schools passed the exam compared to 87.54 percent last year," Singh told reporters.
"Performance of government schools of Delhi is once again the best in the country among all government schools. Pass percentage of Pratibha schools is 99.07 percent, and 78 government schools reported 100 percent result as compared to 70 schools last year," he added.
Boys were once again outperformed by girls who had a pass percentage of 90.06 percent as against boys` 81.14 percent.
A total of 1,21,250 students appeared in the examination this year, a rise of over 9,000 students compared to last year`s 1,12,189 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?