`Delhi govt schools performed best in CBSE exams`
New Delhi: Delhi`s Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely on Monday said that schools under the Delhi government have performed the best among government-run schools across the country in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 exams this year.
"This year, 87.72 percent students studying in Delhi government schools passed the exam compared to 87.54 percent last year," Singh told reporters.
"Performance of government schools of Delhi is once again the best in the country among all government schools. Pass percentage of Pratibha schools is 99.07 percent, and 78 government schools reported 100 percent result as compared to 70 schools last year," he added.
Boys were once again outperformed by girls who had a pass percentage of 90.06 percent as against boys` 81.14 percent.
A total of 1,21,250 students appeared in the examination this year, a rise of over 9,000 students compared to last year`s 1,12,189 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts