`Delhi govt schools performed best in CBSE exams`
New Delhi: Delhi`s Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely on Monday said that schools under the Delhi government have performed the best among government-run schools across the country in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 exams this year.
"This year, 87.72 percent students studying in Delhi government schools passed the exam compared to 87.54 percent last year," Singh told reporters.
"Performance of government schools of Delhi is once again the best in the country among all government schools. Pass percentage of Pratibha schools is 99.07 percent, and 78 government schools reported 100 percent result as compared to 70 schools last year," he added.
Boys were once again outperformed by girls who had a pass percentage of 90.06 percent as against boys` 81.14 percent.
A total of 1,21,250 students appeared in the examination this year, a rise of over 9,000 students compared to last year`s 1,12,189 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!