`Delhi govt schools performed best in CBSE exams`
New Delhi: Delhi`s Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely on Monday said that schools under the Delhi government have performed the best among government-run schools across the country in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 exams this year.
"This year, 87.72 percent students studying in Delhi government schools passed the exam compared to 87.54 percent last year," Singh told reporters.
"Performance of government schools of Delhi is once again the best in the country among all government schools. Pass percentage of Pratibha schools is 99.07 percent, and 78 government schools reported 100 percent result as compared to 70 schools last year," he added.
Boys were once again outperformed by girls who had a pass percentage of 90.06 percent as against boys` 81.14 percent.
A total of 1,21,250 students appeared in the examination this year, a rise of over 9,000 students compared to last year`s 1,12,189 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption