Delhi govt tempers power shock with subsidy
New Delhi: A day after the revised electricity tariffs came into effect in the national capital, the Delhi government on Monday announced a subsidy of Re 1 per unit for domestic consumers.
However, the subsidy would be applicable to only those households who consume 200 or less units in a month. They would now have to pay Rs 2.70 per unit instead of the new tariff of Rs 3.70 per unit for consumption upto 200 units.
The new slabs of electricity tariffs announced late last month are as follows:
0 to 200 units – Rs 3.70 per unit; 0 to 400* – Rs 4.80; 401 and above – Rs 6.40
(In the new slab, if a household’s monthly consumption goes above 200 units it would be charged Rs 4.80 per unit for the entire consumption as against previous practice of different rates for first 200 units and the next 200.)
The Re 1 subsidy in fact is not something new for the power consumers in the capital. This subsidy was being to consumers under the previous tariff regime as well but was discontinued on March 31 earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof