Delhi govt to appoint 17,000 teachers
New Delhi: Delhi government will soon appoint over 17,000 teachers in its schools in the city to fill up the vacant posts.
Officials said 13,960 teachers will be appointed on contractual basis and they will get a consolidated salary of Rs 14,000 per month.
They said 3,536 teachers will be appointed permanently.
The decision was taken at a meeting Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely had with senior officials of the department.
The government has also decided to appoint 100 new Urdu teachers for the Urdu medium school. Government currently runs 20 Urdu medium schools and a new one will be set up in Seelampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat