Delhi govt to appoint 17,000 teachers
New Delhi: Delhi government will soon appoint over 17,000 teachers in its schools in the city to fill up the vacant posts.
Officials said 13,960 teachers will be appointed on contractual basis and they will get a consolidated salary of Rs 14,000 per month.
They said 3,536 teachers will be appointed permanently.
The decision was taken at a meeting Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely had with senior officials of the department.
The government has also decided to appoint 100 new Urdu teachers for the Urdu medium school. Government currently runs 20 Urdu medium schools and a new one will be set up in Seelampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical