Delhi govt to deploy QRTs for emergency response
New Delhi: The Delhi government will soon deploy multi-disciplinary Quick Reaction Teams across the city as part of efforts to enhance emergency response mechanism in the event of building collapse, fire, road accident or any sort of disaster.
In the first phase, the government will deploy 36 Quick Reaction Teams (QRT), each of which will comprise personnel trained by international experts in disaster management.
Each team will have one Toyota Innova vehicle equipped with fire fighting equipment and basic medical facilities.
"The vehicles will be parked in strategic locations to provide emergency response in case of any emergency like building collapse, road accident and disaster," Divisional Commissioner of Delhi Government Vijay Dev said.
The QRTs will function under Delhi Disaster Management Authority and all the personnel to be part of the teams will be trained by international experts.
The DDMA has already procured 10 vehicles and 26 more will be bought soon.
"The QRTs will operate round-the-clock and people can call for their help by dialling emergency response number 1077," Dev said.
He said each QRT will comprise paramedics, disaster management experts, fire-fighters and other trained staff.
The government has already taken a number of initiatives to strengthen its disaster management mechanism.
The government is also considering inclusion of disaster management courses in school and college curriculum to educate students about steps required to be taken in case of a disaster.
It has already set up disaster control rooms in each of the nine districts as part of efforts to ramp up emergency response mechanism.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata