Delhi govt to enhance education infra during 12th
New Delhi: Delhi Government plans to
significantly enhance educational infrastructure in the city
during the 12th five-year plan by setting up hundreds of new
schools and improving the student-teacher ratio.
In a meeting called to finalise the priorities for the
sector during the five-year plan, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit asked Education department officials to focus on
setting up of new primary and secondary schools in all nine
districts, while increasing the student-teacher ratio.
Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely and other
officials of the department participated in the meeting,
They said the government plans to increase the number of
enrolment by nearly 1 lakh every year in the next five years
as part of a plan to bring children from all sections to the
"Our plan is not to leave even a single child without
school education," an official said, adding that at least 500
schools would be set up in the next five years.
Dikshit said budget allocation for the education sector
would be enhanced gradually in the next five years and
assistance from Centre would also be sought.
She said there is a need to relax the norms for
allocation of land for setting up of schools by private sector
and government would do the needful as getting land for
setting up schools is a major challenge.
She also said schools under the PPP mode should be
encouraged to overcome the problem of scarcity of schools.
Delhi Government had proposed to the DDA, the land owning
agency in the city, to relax the norms for setting up schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt