Delhi govt to enhance education infra during 12th
New Delhi: Delhi Government plans to
significantly enhance educational infrastructure in the city
during the 12th five-year plan by setting up hundreds of new
schools and improving the student-teacher ratio.
In a meeting called to finalise the priorities for the
sector during the five-year plan, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit asked Education department officials to focus on
setting up of new primary and secondary schools in all nine
districts, while increasing the student-teacher ratio.
Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely and other
officials of the department participated in the meeting,
They said the government plans to increase the number of
enrolment by nearly 1 lakh every year in the next five years
as part of a plan to bring children from all sections to the
"Our plan is not to leave even a single child without
school education," an official said, adding that at least 500
schools would be set up in the next five years.
Dikshit said budget allocation for the education sector
would be enhanced gradually in the next five years and
assistance from Centre would also be sought.
She said there is a need to relax the norms for
allocation of land for setting up of schools by private sector
and government would do the needful as getting land for
setting up schools is a major challenge.
She also said schools under the PPP mode should be
encouraged to overcome the problem of scarcity of schools.
Delhi Government had proposed to the DDA, the land owning
agency in the city, to relax the norms for setting up schools.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents