Delhi govt to enhance education infra during 12th
New Delhi: Delhi Government plans to
significantly enhance educational infrastructure in the city
during the 12th five-year plan by setting up hundreds of new
schools and improving the student-teacher ratio.
In a meeting called to finalise the priorities for the
sector during the five-year plan, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit asked Education department officials to focus on
setting up of new primary and secondary schools in all nine
districts, while increasing the student-teacher ratio.
Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely and other
officials of the department participated in the meeting,
They said the government plans to increase the number of
enrolment by nearly 1 lakh every year in the next five years
as part of a plan to bring children from all sections to the
"Our plan is not to leave even a single child without
school education," an official said, adding that at least 500
schools would be set up in the next five years.
Dikshit said budget allocation for the education sector
would be enhanced gradually in the next five years and
assistance from Centre would also be sought.
She said there is a need to relax the norms for
allocation of land for setting up of schools by private sector
and government would do the needful as getting land for
setting up schools is a major challenge.
She also said schools under the PPP mode should be
encouraged to overcome the problem of scarcity of schools.
Delhi Government had proposed to the DDA, the land owning
agency in the city, to relax the norms for setting up schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog