Delhi govt to give ownership rights to original al
New Delhi: In good news for hundreds of families, Delhi government has decided to grant ownership rights to original allottees in resettlement colonies which were developed during 1960-1980.
Delhi Revenue Minister A K Walia said this in the Delhi Assembly while replying to a discussion on a private member`s resolution seeking grant of ownership rights to the allotees.
Walia said Delhi government has sent a recommendation to this effect to the Centre.
The resolution, which was passed by the House was moved by Congress MLA Veer Singh Dhingan.
Plots were allotted in 45 resettlement colonies, including Aruna Nagar and Majnu ka Tila which comprised a total of about 2,50,000 plots.
Officials said the Supreme Court had in September, 2010, given a green signal for granting ownership rights to the allottees.
Dhingan, while moving the resolution, said the residents are finding it difficult to transfer their properties as government was yet to grant ownership rights.
Participating in a separate discussion, Walia said government has withdrawn a restriction on carrying out development work in some unauthorised colonies which were given provisional regularisation certificates.
He said government was working to regularise unauthorised colonies which were given clearences by all concerned agencies.
Government had issued provisional regularisation certificates to over 1,200 unauthorised colonies and is now in the process of regularising them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister