Delhi govt to increase pension for freedom fighters
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday decided to
increase the monthly pension of freedom fighters to Rs 4,500
from existing Rs 3,500.
The decision will benefit 650 freedom fighters in the
city who are getting the pension from the city government.
The proposal to hike the pension for the freedom fighters
was taken at a Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit. The increase has been sanctioned with effect
from July 1.
Officials said the financial implication on the
government for enhancing the pension will be Rs 78 lakh per
annum. The pension was first introduced by the government in
The Cabinet also gave its nod for creation of 99 posts in
different positions in District Court in Saket and 29 posts
for various family courts.
Dikshit said the decision to increase the staff strength
in courts was taken to ensure speedy disposal of various cases
pending in these courts.
Officials said it has been decided to create 99 posts to
streamline the functioning of the district court in Saket.
The family courts were set up in the city keeping in view
the large pendency in the courts. Currently, five family
courts are functioning in the city.
The city government plans to set up five other such
courts in Delhi by end of this year.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador